Sales Demand Management Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002128
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Sales Demand Management Specialist is a member of the Sales Demand Management Team and works collaboratively with Sales, Product Business Management (PBM), Customer Development, Sales Operations, Marketing, Sales & Operations Planning and Supply Forecasting team members to forecast and manage sales, optimize price, and improve the customer experience. The Sales Demand Management Specialist is responsible for the successful execution of critical short range Demand Management processes across multiple Sales channels that are in line with berry and go-to market strategies. This role is focused on short term planning and execution activities to achieve successful order fill. The Sales Demand Management Specialist is accountable for meeting the objectives which includes supply and demand alignment through the active management of channel and customer allocations, order placement optimization, pack-out requirements, etc. This role will measure sales and demand performance by analyzing and reporting key metrics to achieve Driscoll’s sales goals and objectives.
Demand Management & Planning
- Closely monitors and refines demand plans across all channels (Retail, Food Service, Mult-Channel) to support Short Range (weeks 1-13) planning processes
- Supports and contributes to the development of strategic supply distribution strategies to optimize the network
- Responsible for accurate short range demand planning efforts required through collaborative, strategic and data driven analyses
- Evaluates projected fruit SKU mix and corresponding pricing opportunities to maximize volume and price targets
- Leverages detailed customer knowledge to understand and quantify demand requests and demand plans to support supply and demand alignment which align with berry and go-to market strategies
- Ensures customer priority strategy is defined, communicated and supported through the execution strategy
- Coordinates and supports programs and processes for industry leading Customer Service and order fill in order to increase Customer satisfaction, measured with a Trade survey annually and other measures to be developed
- Monitors forecasted supply volume to support management of Sales requested ad/promo strategies
- Contributes to and sustains a sales culture of extraordinary customer service
- Drives process improvements to streamline demand planning processes based on both qualitative and quantitative information
Analytics and Reporting
- Analyzes, validates and reports on key performance metrics
- Analyzes commodity, SKU and customer performance and makes recommendations for planning and execution improvements to optimize value of fruit
- Document and review historical sales trends and investigate demand drivers that contribute to the development and evaluation of demand plans vs. actuals
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication with Product Business Management (PBM), Sales & Operations Planning, Marketing, Customer Development, Supply Forecasting, Sales and all other departments for greater efficiencies and achievement of customer, channel, berry and go-to market strategies
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of produce and/or berry industry experience
- 2+ years of Sales, Customer Development, Operations or Supply Chain Planning experience preferred
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives or managing projects
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills
- Excellent inter-personnel skills with ability to lead through cross-functional collaboration; facilitates and influence decisions
- Ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in developing, implementing and assessing key metrics
- Domestic and international business travel required, (10-15%)
- A valid California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program also required. Valid passport and ability to travel internationally also required
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
- Must be flexible with work schedule, able to work non-standard business hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Dynamics AX
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.