Greenhouse Worker 1
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Seasonal
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002124
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityUnder the direction of the Lead Greenhouse Supervisor, this job is to complete greenhouse and field tasks to support breeding plants and research projects. Responsibilities include Hybridizations, Sowing, Transplant, (after being trained), seed extraction and cleaning, pot filling and general greenhouse tasks. Responsibilities apply to all berry crops grown by the company at all stages in greenhouse and field settings.
- Work in crosses for all crops: strawberry, blackberry, raspberry and blueberry at in the fields and greenhouses. Extract seeds and keep organized by numeric order by program and crop following the SOPs (standard operation procedures).
- Stick cuttings for propagation for blackberry and raspberry.
- Fill pots and trays, sow seeds, transplant, clean plants and re-pot.
- Able to learn to identify selections with more than 5 digit numbers and organize by numeric order.
- Pull weeds, prune and organize plants by crops, groups of plants and/or season. Work in repetitive tasks, by days or weeks. Be able to identify differences of the crops.
- Properly maintain and care for assigned PPE and equipment and report if it’s damaged.
- Follow instructions from the supervisor and technicians in charge of the project for the task assigned.
- Clean algae, brush floors in the greenhouses.
- Demonstrate Driscoll’s values of Passion, Humility, and Trustworthiness.
- Requires ability to deal with diverse groups and interests, including support to other departments as necessary.
- Performs other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- These letters try to describe the general job but not limit to pull weeds, clean pots, sterilize, water, paint and other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Position requires reliability, attention to detail, and teamwork skills. Accuracy is critical.
- Must be able to work 8 to 11 hour days and weekends when needed.
- Must be able to work in a field and greenhouse setting; Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to walk long distances and able to work stand up for long terms.
- Must be able to work in warm temperatures.
- Must be able to work focus for long terms.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.