Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Accounting
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002104
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe position of Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist provides financial, clerical and administrative services to ensure efficient and timely payment of invoices. This includes tasks such as invoice processing, invoicing exceptions, payment monitoring, vendor support, and monthly accruals. This role requires independent judgment to address and reconcile other complex transactions. An important responsibility of the position is to engage in ongoing end-user support of the Procure-to-Pay process. Ensure accurate and timely financial postings to the general ledger system, as well as perform reconciliations and reporting associated with accounts payable.
- High volume of vendor invoices and employee expense reports to be processed using an AP automation system like Coupa or other automated tools.
- Process accounts payable invoices into the DAX Accounts Payable module in conjunction with the AP Invoice Automation and Purchasing System.
- Review, sort and match invoices (with PO’s via 2- or 3-way match) and check requests.
- Distribute invoices to managers and acquire proper approval according to Delegation of Authority. Resolve e-invoicing exceptions.
- Set invoices up for payment, prepare and process accounts payable payments.
- Responsible for preparing wire payment request to submit to Treasury for payments.
- Monitor, verify, reconcile and maintain vendor accounts. Ensure that vendor accounts are up to date and accurate by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Promote an enjoyable work atmosphere and communicate in an effective manner.
- Participate in AP month-end close which includes meeting established deadlines, batch processing, entering and processing invoices according to standard operating procedures.
- Responsible for preparation of month-end accruals for non-invoiced purchase requests and purchase orders, recurring vendors, and invoices received after AP entry cutoff date.
- Produce AP monthly reports and vendor reports. Assist with the year- end audit.
- Protect confidential information.
- Research and communicate to the appropriate parties, the resolution of vendor or other AP issues.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Maintain positive vendor relations through courteous, respectful, and effective communication.
- Train and develop users in the utilization of the AP Automation System like Coupa or other automated tools.
- Work with various departments to process invoices, requisitions, and/or purchase orders via our web-based procurement software.
- Be a subject matter expert on the use of the AP Automation System. Support the Accounts Payable portion of the purchase-to-pay process.
- Develop ad-hoc reports or queries of our AP data.
- Work with the AP automation vendor (such as Coupa) to coordinate any upgrades or special projects.
- Assist with internal and external performance benchmarking. Collaborate with the procurement team to facilitate and monitor suppliers on-boarding within the AP automation tool.
- Collaborate with IT to validate any interface errors and work together to address any issues identified.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in Accounts Payable required.
- Thorough knowledge of accounts payable and general bookkeeping procedures.
- Must be able to set priorities, organize and accomplish tasks often within strict time limitations.
- Experience with an automated AP workflow system like Coupa is a plus.
- Must work well independently.
- Must be extremely organized and motivated, pay excellent attention to detail, and possess strong verbal, written, and computer skills, including a high proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to multi-task, have a positive attitude, and a great work ethic.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills, able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.