- Location: US - Santa Maria DC
- Job Family: Administration
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002019
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Intern
About the OpportunityThis is a multi-faceted position that interacts with several different departments and external stakeholders while being involved with all four berry types. The intern will work within a team framework to advance the core purpose of the Driscoll’s Quality department to meet the needs of our customers and consumers. The primary focus of the internship will be obtaining and transcribing data related to quality measurements to ensure the maximum potential for our fruit. The person will accomplish this by assisting other team members with existing projects as well as support developing new project that fits with the intern’s interests and company needs.
- Assist with evaluation of new technologies to measure and maintain berry quality
- Collect, enter and analyze fruit quality data
- Data analysis of fruit quality data and relating it to a broader picture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment
- Constantly strives to develop skills-set necessary to meet department, and company strategic goals
- Courage to ask questions and communicate concerns to manager and employees involved
- Ensures Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Represents Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be currently enrolled in a university in an AG Business, General Business, Finance, AG Engineering or Agriculture related program or no more than 6 months post-graduation
- Requires an analytical mindset and the ability to own a portion of the projects involved in
- Prior experience with data analysis is desired but not required
- Be able to work in both inside a facility and outside in grower fields
- Have strong communication skills
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- A California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.