Technical Project Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002012
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Senior Information Services Project Manager assumes responsibility for leading and managing IS-related projects and programs across the organization. This role will be part of the Driscoll’s Project Management team that supports the global enterprise in the planning & execution of the project portfolio. The Sr. IS Project Manager is accountable and responsible for developing & executing project plans for multiple, simultaneous mid to large scale projects during all phases of the project life-cycle and partnering with all IS teams, Driscoll’s business units and vendors/partners to provide excellent service and deliver quality projects on-time and within budget.
- Responsible for delivering projects and programs that adhere to defined IS project processes and industry standard best practices.
- Develop and manage project management plans, schedules and budgets and provide consistent and comprehensive project updates, ongoing cost analysis, risk and issue management and resolution.
- Effectively direct, manage and control all project activities and deliverables, through all phases of the project lifecycle ensuring a successful delivery that is on time and within budget on all assigned projects.
- Escalate functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately to ensure successful achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with external vendors, business partners and internal IS teams.
- Coach and mentor project team members and fellow IS Project Managers and partners across the organization to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Manage, monitor and track project-related costs, including budget variances.
- Keep project owners and sponsors well informed of progress and challenges. Analyze and present updates regarding project performance, risks, issues, mitigation plans and change requests.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication with management and project team members throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Prepare and/or present documentation to Information Services Leadership Team and business stakeholders.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Require a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in a project/program management role, preferably in a PMO environment, with a proven track record of delivering complex, larger scale, global technology projects on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or comparable field of study required
- PMP Certification required
- Experience implementing multi-regional ERP systems with an emphasis on Finance and Business Intelligence Business functions.
- Experience managing remote and geographically distributed project teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity and lead through change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives and work collaboratively and cohesively in a team environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, vendors, and other departments
- Ability to influence through a global, multi-site matrix organization is essential
- Extensive experience planning and managing projects within various SDLC methodologies i.e. Agile and Waterfall
- Extensive experience managing project budgets and managing and controlling project-related costs including budget variances. Knowledge of Earned Value Management a plus
- Experience in organizational change management and continuous process improvement
- Vendor Relationship Management experience, including the creation and execution of Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) agreements
- Experience with the following project tools especially valued: ServiceNow ITBM, JIRA, Microsoft Teams
- Must be able to maintain a valid California Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company-sponsored liability insurance plan
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions is also required
- Domestic and international travel 10-20% of work time
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.