- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0002000
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Tax Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the tax accounting activities of the Company both domestically and internationally. The role will act as one of the company’s internal tax representatives and will assist with various aspects of the operations of a corporate tax department, including assisting in the management of key aspects of the year-end tax provision, foreign business unit tax function management and support, key aspects of the federal and state tax returns, international disclosures, and other workpapers and research. The position will provide the Tax Analyst with an opportunity to further develop key federal and state corporate tax skills in a large, globally-oriented agricultural business that operates in a complex and growing corporate environment.
Income Tax Compliance:
- Complete core book-tax adjustment calculations for the U.S. federal and state tax returns and year-end provision calculation
- Maintain Tax fixed asset depreciation using BNA Fixed Asset Software
- Complete estimated payment and extension calculations and filings
- Responsible for drafting international disclosure forms 5471, 8858, and 5713
- Address agency notices and maintain internal notice tracker
- Ensure Tax team calendar is up-to-date and complete
- Assist with R&D Tax Credit
- Other workpapers, memos, and research as necessary
Non-Income Tax Compliance:
- Assist with preparation and filing of annual property tax returns.
- Assist with preparation and filing of sales & use tax returns
- Assist with the preparation and filing of Foreign Bank Account Reporting
- Assist with the preparation and filing of withholding tax Forms 1042
- Responsible for Annual Secretary of State filings
- Assist the Tax Manager as needed with compilation of various transfer pricing documentation including Country-by-Country Report and other annual documentation
Tax Accounting, Controls, and Policy:
- Assist with implementing and maintaining Driscoll’s global tax policies and procedures.
- Responsible for monthly U.S. GL account monitoring and reconciliation, including adjustments related to tax refunds and notices
- Request and review monthly tax entry accrual for foreign business units
- Complete various risk monitoring projects, including biannual nexus analysis and memo, biannual Secretary of State gap analysis, and quarterly Section 956 analysis
- Administrative duties including mailing various correspondence, organizing and scanning tax records, submitting payment requests, and maintaining the tax payment template.
- Support Senior Tax Manager and Tax Manager(s) with various nonrecurring projects and research
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job.It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities.At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a degree that is equivalent.
- Master’s degree or advanced degree in Taxation or related field a preferred.
- Training: 1-2 years of professional tax and/or accounting experience.
- Technical and research background around federal and state tax codes, US GAAP (e.g., FAS 109, FIN 48 and FAS 123R), and interpretation of international tax requirements.
- Ability to work effectively with various members of a complex corporate organization.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and familiarity with International Accounting Standards, basic accounting terminology and concepts.
- Basic understanding of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and related reporting systems required. Experience using Excel and Word.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced, developing environment with excellent organizational skills and thorough attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Able to work effectively in teams.
- Must be able to keep information confidential.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.