Director, Retail Sales
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001985
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s berries are made available to Consumers through active partnerships with our Customers in many different channels. A large part of our business is destined for the Retail channel. To manage this important part of our business, there are two Retail Sales Groups assigned. The Director of Retail Sales has the exiting opportunity to lead one of the assigned Sales Groups, focused on selected Driscoll’s retail customers. In essence, this role ensures that the success of our Customers and Driscoll’s are aligned and achieved. The core of the responsibility lies around the sales execution through the team. Sales execution is directed through a high level of collaboration with both our Customer Development Team and our Product Business Managers. Through working with these teams, solid sales plans are created that are in line with the berry strategies as well as our go to market strategies. These plans are being brought into execution through the leadership of the Director of Retail Sales. To measure performance and progress, key sales metrics are identified. This role will ensure that these metrics are analyzed, reported and performed against in order to achieve Driscoll’s sales goals and objectives. This role will report into the Vice President, Sales & Marketing.
- Takes full ownership of all daily sales execution activities that align with the success of our Customers and the objectives of our plan
- Shows courage and agility in decision making
- Promotes the development of flexible, adaptive and innovative processes to increase Customer Service and optimize our efficiencies
- Ensures that the assigned team is enabled and engaged
- Is an effective collaborator and communicator with all of Driscoll’s functional groups
- Nurtures, supports, and promotes the Company Mission, Values & Vision and Brand
- Ensures confidentiality of all Driscoll’s proprietary information
- A leader of unquestionable integrity who is capable of assimilating our Company Values and demonstrating them in everyday application
- Planning and Budgeting:
- Is responsible for the accuracy and delivery of the short range Demand Plan of the assigned Sales Group, with support of the Sales Demand Management team
- Manages the operational budget of the team through a collaborative approach
- Measures & reports sales performance via monthly management reports
- Provides leadership of the day-to-day operations of the retail sales channel & sales department, while maintaining focus on the Company’s strategic goals
- Promotes safety, development, training, and evaluation of all retail sales team members
- Accomplishes the Sales Plan targets so that customer success is achieved and returns to our grower partners achieve a measurable premium that outperforms our competition
- Ensures our Customers have a great experience when working with Driscoll’s resulting in industry leading Customer satisfaction
- Responsible for Accounts Receivables (A/R) performance and monitors invoice aging on a proactive basis
- Performs against the assigned Key Performance Metrics
- Ensures proper levels of succession are in place and actively updated and refreshed
- Ensures proactive and effective collaboration and communication with Product Business Management, Customer Development, Sales Demand Management, Supply Chain and Service Groups and all other departments for greater efficiencies and attainment of Driscoll’s strategic plan
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job.It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities.At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Four-year college degree (BA or BS) or demonstrated academic competencies through applied work experience and,
- 10+ years progressive and successful sales work experience, with minimum of 5+ years of managing and coaching sales teams to meet/exceed sales goals
- Produce and/or berry industry experience preferred
- Strategic planning and pricing experience
- Strong knowledge in the channels of distribution of perishable product or related industries
- Proven leadership skills in the areas of excellent presentation, communication written and oral, while creating an environment of collaboration and accountability
- Experience in financial management including P&L’s, budgets, projections, cost control skills and proven track record of revenue generation and strong customer relationships
- Excellent management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively train and develop individuals and teams
- Excellent sales negations and influencing skills. Proven success record in account and relationship management and sales negotiation
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point), and CRM
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships as both an individual contributor and team member
- Ability to travel including domestically and internationally
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.