Product Business Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001984
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Product Business Manager is responsible for day-to-day activities that support the overall berry business performance by deal, particularly in the areas of pricing, demand/supply balancing, and pack-out. The Product Business Manager works with Senior (Product) Business Managers to analyze price potential to optimize returns and balance supply/demand, taking into consideration overall market conditions, industry pricing, industry supply, grower economics, price elasticity, historical performance, product quality, and budget targets. The successful candidate will need to communicate effectively and collaboratively with Sales, Supply Chain Planning, Production Management, Regional Management, Growers and others to ensure fruit supplies are effectively managed and sold in a manner that provides optimal service to our customers while generating profitable returns. This individual will work closely to execute against plans prescribed by the Senior Product Business Managers and the Product Leadership Directors. This includes cross-functional coordination of day-to-day business activities, supporting four berry types specifically and also providing general administrative support to the larger Product Leadership team. The Product Business Manager will be an active participant and at times the lead of key projects identified within the Berry Execution teams. Working in conjunction with team members, this may include (but is not limited to) berry business score carding, reporting and metric development, as well as process and platform development and launch.
- Supports and executes daily tasks identified by the Senior Berry Business Managers, including ad-hoc reporting
- Supports daily and weekly communication to the Sales Team, including pricing and order adjustments and product availability, to optimize customer service & returns and balance supply with demand
- Supports the development and presentation of bi-weekly period sales plan reflecting the mid-range targets, as well as channel allocations
- Supports weekly alignment meetings and development of demand planning analysis to ensure each region has an appropriate level of demand relative to available supply
- Conducts daily research and analysis of market conditions in order to establish both short and long term pricing plans and projections
- Provides thorough and effective communication with Sales, Regional Managers, Quality Assurance, Production Managers, and Supply Chain Planners
- Supports daily and weekly demand allocations; supports the resolution of Channel & Customer Issues including (but not limited to) order shortages, pack size availability, quality complaints
- Supports the development of accurate weekly market reports that reflect market conditions and Driscoll’s current and projected price performance
- Partners with Supply Chain Planning to develop/adjust daily harvest order plans for all growing areas
- Manages the accuracy and distribution of reports for stakeholder audiences including the daily Price Sheet, Average Sales Price projection, 10-Week Sales Plan, and the daily Pick Sheet
- Supports the four Berry Execution Teams by leading and execution of key projects aimed at improving planning processes and platforms
- Provides administrative and, at times, project management support to the four Berry Execution Teams
*This job description in intended to describe the general of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not and exhaustive list of all the job’s responsibilities. At Driscoll’s all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes to use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agribusiness or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in the areas of business management, produce sales/marketing, and/or agriculture production management
- Must demonstrate the ability to absorb relevant information from varying sources and recommend competent plan adjustments in a fast-paced environment, showing initiative as both an independent and a team contributor
- Must be comfortable with sourcing and working with data in different platforms, combining to analyze business performance results
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must demonstrate the ability to balance conflicting demands of customers and growers to fulfill Driscoll’s product, brand strategy and Mission
- Must demonstrate the ability to participate in process improvement in a dynamic and rapidly changing work environment, as well as lead key projects to a successful conclusion
- A successful candidate must have strong analytical and presentation skills and demonstrated business acumen with proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and other data platforms
- The candidate must have the ability to understand and analyze the business from many perspectives using multiple data sources internally and externally
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 10%
- Valid CA Driver’s License and eligibility for company vehicle insurance required
- Eligibility for or valid US Passport required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.