Food Safety & Compliance Specialist
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Food Safety
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001981
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Specialist will support Driscoll’s California based Regulatory and Compliance Team to ensure that Driscoll’s fulfills with all Food Safety-related regulations in different areas of the fruit supply chain; starting on the grower production site, following cooling and distribution, and market of destination. This position will report direct to the US-CA Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance Manager.
- Assists in the development of food safety and regulatory compliance (FSRC) policies and procedures
- Develop and maintains a comprehensive filling system and computer database of all documents to be retain in the document control center, as well training records
- Supports the development and review of key processes for FSRC
- Support third party audit coordination
- Interpret and evaluate compliance with food safety and regulatory standards
- Gathers and organizes statistical FSRC data. Develops and updates metrics for internal and external review
- Establishes and manages performance indicators for FSRC functions in activities such as:
- Internal Audits
- Water testing
- Pesticide Testing
- Third party audits
- Evaluate trends in data to identify areas of improvement. Works with FSRSC department to establish and implement corrective actions
- Develops and communicates updates on FSRC issues and key metrics
- Store, manage, distribute and, track FSRC process and procedures
- Receives and processes request for information from peers, other departments and clients
- Assists in training and auditing of the process
- Support customer request
- Assist the supplier evaluation program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- University degree (preferably on food science or related fields)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance
- Analytically strong and detail oriented
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Customer service competency
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in dependently and in cross-functional teams
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong skills in Excel; able to export and import data, Pivot Table and Chart, spreadsheet formulation
- Bilingual. Spanish (preferred)/English skills required
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.