Senior Business Project Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Project Management & Analysis
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001977
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityResponsible for leading and managing the evaluation, planning and execution of complex, cross-functional projects. Works in partnership with Business Unit department leaders to uncover opportunities for improved performance of the organization. Ensures consistency of project objectives with long-term company and department strategies. As part of Driscoll’s Project Management Organization works to ensure project management best practices are followed to achieve consistent and successful project implementations across the company. The Senior Business Project Manager role is substantially similar to that of a Technology Project Manager.
- Oversight of the development and maintenance of multiple project plans for complex, cross-functional, long-term projects
- Facilitate the definition of the project scope and objectives in coordination with the project sponsor
- Effectively align short-term project objectives with long-term department and company vision
- Partner cross-functionally with both internal and external technical and business stakeholders
- Responsible for managing project teams and ensuring the that the business needs are met and kept to schedule
- Assess and mitigate risks in meeting project requirements
- Be intellectually curious. Stay abreast of and share industry best practices regarding WMS, ERP and Supply Chain functions
- Manage day-to-day project tasks including creating and distributing meeting agendas, minutes, action items, and other related documentation
- Facilitate team meetings effectively
- Motivate team members to work independently and as a team toward the project objectives
- Resolve and/or escalate issues as needed to ensure project milestones are achieved
- Serve as project liaison with cross-functional stakeholders
- Conduct regular status updates with project sponsor and other stakeholders
- Coordinate the involvement of external resources as needed to support the project
- Maintain and safely archive all project related documentation
- Support the Company’s long-term vision of cross-functional platform integration
- Apply process improvement methodology where appropriate
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
- Certification in Project Management preferred (PMP)
- Large scale technology system implementation experience required (JDA, WMS, ERP or Cloud Base Applications)
- 8+ years of relevant supply chain/operations work experience required including at least 3+ years of project management experience, and 3+ years of managing a team of business professionals
- Interpret business needs in technical terms; understand technical jargon as it relates to the business
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to prioritize complex interdependent tasks
- Interacts effectively with all levels of management
- Able to effectively influence others to achieve collective goals and objectives
- Thrives in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Demonstrated success with managing and implementing complex business projects with quantifiable results
- Understands how to communicate difficult /sensitive information tactfully
- Able to effectively balance short term goals and objectives with long term requirements
- Able to manage change in a global matrix organization
- Success leading a team and reaching assigned goals and objectives
- Demonstrated experience with Process Improvement efforts (PI) and/or PI coursework preferred
- Familiarity with Logistics and Supply Chain concepts preferred
- Experience with reviewing/editing technical manuals, materials, presentations, etc.
- Experience identifying potential roadblocks and obstacles to organizational projects
- Some travel may be required (up to 25% domestic and international)
- Valid US driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.