Human Resources Business Partner
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Human Resources
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001970
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by partnering with the business, providing strategic consulting and organization development strategies in support of business objectives for people leaders and teams. The Human Resources Business Partner will advise the business, leveraging common frameworks and tailoring solutions to drive key outcomes and foster desired culture through engaged talent, people leader effectiveness and organizational effectiveness, high performing teams and employee development initiatives and training, and employee relations consultation.
- Partners with business leaders and front-line managers to align Human Resources strategy to business strategy, build capabilities, plan and manage talent and develop approaches that achieve shared organizational objectives
- Implements and executes the talent and leadership agenda
- Acts as change agent to business through process design and approaches that support change and transformation - striving to lead mutual process to best practice status
- Responsible for labor relations; high-level relationship with union, where applicable), works council and negotiations
- Reviews and takes necessary steps in escalated employee relationship issues (e.g. involuntary terminations); conducts thorough and objective investigations, when necessary
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application, workforce planning, talent management, succession planning, and organizational design
- Actively participates in annual budget planning/labor forecasting process with business partner
- Ensure execution and delivery of specialized training to all team members (360 evaluations, etc.)
- Reviews and assist in developing Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Input to Business Unit Talent Leader on Global and Domestic Mobility candidates
- Facilitates Talent Development sessions
- Applies standard metrics and thought leadership from business units to coaching leaders
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience with relevant industry experience a plus. PHR, SPHR certification a plus.
- Current in-depth knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including benefits and compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, federal and state employment laws.
- Excellent communication, influencing skills and conflict resolution skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated strategic mindset to apply a long-term big-picture lens to priorities and planning
- Expert capability to plan and align multiple programs to achieve global and regional goals.
- Ability to spot opportunities and risks and acts to implement change quickly
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results, with a wide variety of employees from field environment to corporate setting.
- Advanced ability to drive results in alignment with Driscoll’s values.
- Experience collaborating with remote teams and managers of all levels with various areas of expertise.
- Organizational Development mindset – thinking systematically and holistically, thinking about relationships and teams as well as the individual, thinking about culture as well as capabilities
- Ability to make sense of rapidly increasing amounts of data generated to present strategic narrative.
- Demonstrated proficiency with (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook); knowledge of Workday (HRIS) a plus.
- Demonstrated competence managing and leading others.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.