- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001966
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe GIS Analyst will be a key position in leading, developing and management of GIS data, creating maps services, conducting research, and performing GIS analysis. Participates in the long-term development and enhancement of GIS information technology to meet mapping and end user service objectives; provides expertise, support, assistance and guidance to staff and external contacts. Leads and develops technical resources leveraging the GIS platform to offer business solutions. With an in depth GIS knowledge, the analyst will be an active representative on various project and company initiatives serving as a subject matter expert for GIS integration with other business processes and platforms.
• Serve as GIS lead with various stakeholders to advise and develop strategic solutions to integrate GIS based datasets to meet Driscoll’s objectives
• Lead the development for continuous improvement of technical process to support the regular maintenance and checks for vector data integrity
• Evaluate user needs to develop and maintain effective web maps, services and applications in ArcGIS Online
• Independently assess the requirements and existing processes to develop and launch automated solutions to common challenges in the collection, editing, and maintenance of geospatial data including python scripting for geoprocessing tasks, advanced querying, and reporting
• Working as part of the GIS project team to ensure geospatial data is leveraged across all functions by providing expertise, integration options, and technical expertise in the area of GIS
• Using advanced knowledge and application of GIS capabilities, identify and recommend emerging technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced with Driscoll’s processes
• Manage advanced geospatial database and workflow execution processes to support business needs
• As the functional lead work with core district users to improve existing workflows, process, and data capture
• Develop user acceptance testing scenarios, coordinate, conduct, and certify results of front end testing to manage the database development releases
• Consistently strives to develop business acumen for enhanced capability of identifying opportunities for GIS business integration
• Continuously strives to develop technical skills-set necessary to meet department and company strategic goals
• Ensures Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials are protected
• Represents Driscoll's in an ethical and business-like professional manner in all interactions with growers, co-workers, suppliers, customers, and the business community at large
• Bachelor’s degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science or related field; equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Software knowledge required: ArcGIS Desktop 10.3+, ArcGIS Server, python, ArcGIS Online, principles and practices of GPS
• Required in-depth knowledge of ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Online including use of enterprise geodatabases
• Required experience using Python scripting for geoprocessing and automation
• Working familiarity with Raster and Remote Sensing software, processes and analysis
• Previous experience applying GIS principles to solve complex problems in a business or research environment
• Experience with cartography/geospatial map design and data principles
• Ability to work independently, troubleshoot issues, innovate and provide solutions to an emerging GIS function
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
• Adaptable to different working environments, office, agricultural field, warehouse/cold storage to evaluate processes for integrating GIS
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.