Senior FP&A Analyst
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Finance
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001964
- Experience Years: 0-3 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis key role works with the business leaders across the organization. It is responsible for proactively designing and delivering relevant, actionable budgets, reporting and analytics. The individual in the role will actively lead and influence business partners by championing, challenging and improving business performance and processes in order to meet or exceed business goals.
The individual must be able to effectively interact, collaborate and communicate across multiple functions in the organization, cooperating and building consensus to drive results. The position will plan, prioritize and manage workload in an environment of competing priorities where risk must be accurately assessed to support and guide timely and sound business decisions.
The individual will play a key role by providing accurate and timely financial information and analyses to the management team and other key business functions, providing performance management reporting, streamlining processes, and implementing best practices across the business. Key areas of responsibility include recurring reporting, annual planning cycles and periodic reforecasts.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execution of flash reporting to provide senior management and other key decision-makers insights to current, past, and projected business performance while trying to enhance as business needs change
- Closely working with business partners in areas such as Production, Food Safety, and Human Resources to deliver insights of the business to a broad audience of report viewers including Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
- Preparation of annual budget and periodic reforecasts
- Execution of month-end financial close including reporting and ledger adjustments as required. Preparation of variance analysis to budget and forecasts
- Capital Expenditure & Headcount reporting
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Accounting, Economics or Finance.
- Master’s/MBA degree and/or a CPA, CMA or other financial certifications are preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Strategic Planning & Analysis, or related roles
- Ability to Influence business decisions with concrete financial support through effective and professional communication in written, verbal and oral form incl. presentation skills
- Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
- Work independently in solving business issues and taking initiative
- Ability to understand and communicate drivers of P&L
- Strong knowledge of financial concepts and principles including cost accounting, activity based costing, cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, etc.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and business analysis skills, with the ability to see implications and provide consultative solutions and recommendations
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Hyperion and Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Tableau analytics and dashboard creation experience preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.