Retail Sales Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001583
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Retail Sales Manager role is instrumental in contributing to the success of Driscoll’s Mission through the skilled planning, implementation and management of the Retail Channel Sales function and actively support and co-lead the overall Retail Sales Channel and Sales department goals and initiatives. Manages and supervises the assigned Retail Sales Reps & Coordinators. Collaborates on the development and implementation of Driscoll’s Retail Sales and activities through a team approach. Leads the Sales processes that support Driscoll’s strategic plan by focusing on activities which contribute towards best practices and strategic solutions within the Retail Sales Channel and for the betterment of the overall sales team. Collaborates within the entire Driscoll’s enterprise to provide Market Place leadership and advance our company Mission & initiatives. Manages assigned accounts & works with Sales Director on account assignments. Advances a culture of Customer Service & leads projects associated with the daily sales processes. Responsible for development of assigned Sales Reps, Sales Coordinators for next level opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of our annual sales and distribution plan that supports Driscoll’s Customer Engagement Strategy and Mission to delight consumers though alignment with our Customers and our Berry Growers
- Contributes to managing Driscoll’s retail sales programs, including alignment of supply & demand.
- Manages the trade accounts receivable and adjustment processes associated with the sales coordinator responsibilities. This is measured by our average days to pay by account and adjustments reports.
- Collaborates in developing the retail sales department operating & headcount budget through a team approach. Measured by the monthly management reports.
- Collaborates by leading the retail channel in accomplishing the Sales Plan targets so that sales prices and returns to our grower partners achieve a measurable premium that outperforms our competition.
- Collaborates in leading the retail sales team in accomplishing the retail channel Customer long range and annual business plans
- Develops and sustains a sales culture of service & Customer value creation
- Develops and coordinates programs and processes for industry leading Customer Service, and sales in order to increase Customer satisfaction, measured with an annual Customer Trade survey.
- Promotes safety, development, training, and evaluation of the Retail Sales team members on a continuous basis. Ensure that proper levels of succession are in place and actively updated and refreshed.
- Implements flexible, adaptive and innovative continuous improvement (CI) processes for effectiveness, efficiencies & accuracy across all sales activities.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material. Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships as both an individual contributor and team member
- A leader of unquestionable integrity who is capable of assimilating our company values and demonstrating them in everyday application
- Excellent sales negotiation skills. Proven success record in account & relationship management, and sales negotiations
- Strategic mid-term and short-term thinking as well as the ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time & fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in developing, implementing and assessing key metrics for effective team management
- Currently holds & maintains a valid California Driver License and US passport.
- Follow company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Performs other duties as instructed by the Director of Retail Sales & Vice President of Sales
- Travel required
- Four-year college degree (BA or BS) or demonstrated academic competencies through applied work experience
- 5 to 10 years of progressive & successful berry sales & sales management experience
- Strong knowledge of Sales, Customer Service, Demand Planning, Berry Leadership as well as effective business knowledge in the channels of food distribution
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with sales analysis
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.