Senior Customer Development Manager
- Location: US - Remote Locations - Kansas
- Job Family: Category Development
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001555
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityAdditional Locations: US - Remote Locations - California US - Remote Locations - Florida US - Remote Locations - Illinois US - Remote Locations - Indiana US - Remote Locations - New York US - Remote Locations - Texas
Driscoll’s produces fresh berries with a mission to delight the consumer through alignment with our customers and growers. The Senior Customer Development Manager is a part of the Senior Leadership Team of the Market Development Group. This position collaborates with specific Channel Directors, Demand Management, Channel Marketing, and Market Development Analytics to define, plan, and execute overall customer sales and marketing strategies, including Customer Prioritization and the Five Year, Annual, and Quarterly Sales and Marketing Plans. The Senior Customer Development Manager will also have some Customer Engagement responsibilities as described below: The Senior Customer Development Manager leads the development of the Category Planning process involving Leadership, Buyers and representatives of targeted major accounts in order to increase overall consumer demand for the Driscoll’s brand of products. The Senior Customer Development Manager collaborates with the Senior Market Development Manager to develop the plan, and interfaces with Sales, Demand Management, Channel Marketing, and Product Development team members, to execute the plan. This role requires effective cross-functional collaboration in the strategic development and execution of category management plans with specific strategic customers. It is pivotal to the success and growth of our Market Development efforts as well as delivering on Driscoll’s’ of the Americas (DOTA) annual revenue financial goals. The Senior Customer Development Manager role is located and operates in assigned regional areas of the U.S. in order to be in close access to designated customers, and is also responsible for identification and communication of potential new customers and revenue sources across all channels within the assigned region. The Senior Customer Development Manager could be responsible for leading acquisition and/or continued development of said new customers, through collaboration with Category Development, Channel Sales, and Channel Marketing. The Senior Customer Development Manager may supervise other Customer Development Manager(s) I and II for the purpose of their training, and as a development opportunity for the CDM III.
- Accountable to lead in the development of the Category Plan which will create a strategic and execution framework to achieve the Customer’s plan objectives (revenues, unit volume, gross profit) as well as Driscoll’s brand building and revenue growth goals.
- In collaboration with the Customer, to evaluate category performance and future potential as input into preparing the annual category plan. Define key components of the plan including strategies and tactics related to product assortment, pricing, promotion, and shelf presentation as well as product demand/supply forecasts.
- Partners with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Packaging, Logistics/Distribution and other Category Management team members, to create the annual category plan. Secure Driscoll’s leadership approval of the plan including revenue, brand penetration and program investment targets.
- Negotiates with the Customer for approval and execution of the plan.
- Manage large revenue customer accounts, which includes various touchpoints and works through vendors and colleagues across internal departments.
- Manage Category Plan activation activities to execute programs on time and on budget.
- Provide timely reporting on brand performance against category plan goals; recommend program adjustments to achieve annual objectives (as needed).
- As a member of the Market Development team, collaborate in the creation and execution of channel and Customer development plans in order to achieve DOTA’s 5 Year Strategic Plan financial goals.
- Participate in annual Customer strategic planning activities to identify market growth opportunities across multiple sales channels.
- Collect, interpret and communicate relevant marketplace and competitive activities which could impact Driscoll’s performance at strategic customers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the business drivers which could impact future shopper demand.
- Collect and share market intelligence gathered through various activities including analysis of data, market tours and industry engagements.
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members, to deliver on Driscoll’s mission of consumer delight.
- Partner with Product Leadership, Distribution/Logistics, Quality Assurance, Food Safety and Packaging to maximize Driscoll’s supply chain performance in delivering the highest quality fruit to the marketplace.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of issues, opportunities and key initiatives that the Customer is advancing to optimize the Fresh Produce category and overall retail operation performance.
- Act as the primary point of contact in facilitating Customer engagement in building effective diamond relationships.
- Oversees activities which will create alignment between Driscoll’s, employees, growers and Customers.
- As needed, reconcile outstanding issues relating to business interruption.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, Customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Category Advisor certification preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in Consumer Goods industry. Retail, Grocery, Food Service Distribution, or additional experience in Produce sales preferred.
- Have a proven track record and strong skills in negotiation, planning and program execution.
- Customer-oriented approach with aptitude and experience in category planning activities.
- Demonstrated strategic agility including the ability to combine analytical and creative thinking.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective in working in cross-functional team environments with the ability to influence without formal authority.
- Adept at planning, process optimization and dealing with organizational change.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- Excellent leadership, team building and organizing skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 50% and have a valid US passport.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and have eligibility to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.