- Location: US - Oxnard DC
- Job Family: Seasonal
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001536
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityResponsible for the maintenance and repairs within the distribution centers and network facilities located in the Southern California Region. Maintenance and repairs would include forklifts, refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, processing equipment, and general facilities upkeep. Travels between Oxnard and Santa Maria as needed to ensure optimal operations of all equipment.
- Operational Performance: Responsible for making sure that all equipment and facilities are running at their optimal performance and efficiency level.
- Facilities Management: Ensures proper maintenance, troubleshooting, and upkeep of the distribution centers, storage and processing facilities to follow good manufacturing practices, regulatory and safety standards. Ensure that standardized processes in routine maintenance and documentation are achieved.
- Personnel Management: Lead and develop maintenance personnel in best practices using collaborative style leadership and coaching. Giving appropriate feedback to employees and their direct manager when required.
- Professionalism: Nurture, support and promote the company Mission, Vision and Values. Follow company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc. Ensure the confidentiality of all Driscoll’s proprietary information.
- Five to ten years of progressively responsible maintenance management experience.
- Strong knowledge of perishable commodities and working knowledge of refrigeration systems required.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve their personal potential in addition to company objectives.
- Excellent skills in communication, motivation, innovation, and adaptability.
- Has knowledge of ammonia refrigeration, forklift operations, plumbing and electrical skills.
- Dependable and able to work with little supervision.
- Be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Possess a valid CA driver’s license, maintain company vehicle insurance eligibility.
- Fundamental computer skills are required.
- Be willing to travel and work an extended schedule to support operational requirements.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license and eligibility for use of company vehicle.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.