Nursery Cold Chain Manager
- Location: US - Redding Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001525
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis position manages all aspects of the DOTA nursery plant supply chain including storage, 3PL Vender relationships plant supply purchasing, metrics reporting, plant inventory and process standardization in DOTA. This leadership position requires the ability to manage multiple initiatives, develop DOTA level strategy and facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key stakeholders/customers. The position will manage and develop, aligned with global subject matter experts, all nursery plant supply cold chain specifications and process documentation. on.
- Develop short term and long-term plant storage and supply plans aligned with Driscoll’s Strategic Plan.
- Participate with nursery system development teams for all plant supply chain/cold storage needs.
- Where appropriate, align systems and process with fruit storage and transportation staff.
- Develop and actively manage plant storage and supply budgets and variance reporting.
- Develop/maintain standard operating procedures for all aspects of plant supply chain in DOTA including plant storage, temperature monitoring, inventory management and vendor relationships.
- Develop, report and maintain all DOTA nursery supply chain/cold storage metrics taking immediate corrective action when needed.
- Develop and maintain plant supply chain metrics and scorecarding clearly showing key performance indicators by plant type across DOTA. This will include measuring key process responsibilities and deadline adherence by those outside the nursery.
- Source, develop, manage and measure 3PL cooler network to support DOTA Nursery plant storage needs.
- Based on distribution plan outputs, calculate, purchase and manage inventory of all nursery operated and contract plant suppliers.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Business, or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years of Order Fulfillment/supply chain experience in agricultural or manufacturing
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Excel and Access.
- Must be detail and results oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work cross-functionally outside the nursery and lead and supervise others. Should be self-motivated and a proactive action-oriented leader.
- Continuous improvement experience and training preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with staff at all levels of the company.
- Demonstrated competence leading and participating on cross functional teams
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and manage multiple projects across the enterprise.
- This position requires an extended schedule to support operational requirements. Occasional travel, both domestic and international required.
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.