Sr. Manager Applications
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001491
- Experience Years: 10+ Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Sr. Manager of Global Applications is a member of the Driscoll’s Information Technology Leadership Team reporting to the Sr Director of Global Applications. This position will lead and support a team of Managers direct reports in the design, implementation and support of global enterprise business applications. This person will ensure operations and deliverables of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) ,Mobile Applications and Cloud Solutions (SaaS) applications are delivered in alignment to the global business strategy. This key leadership position requires the ability to work effectively with global teams, manage multiple initiatives, build/maintain strong relationships and facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key cross functional business stakeholders, understand supporting systems, and organizational and compliance requirements across multiple geographies globally. A primary goal of this role is to drive the comprehensive build-out of a global application services delivery program that will be leveraged to the support of Driscoll’s long-term growth objectives. This position will direct the efforts of a global enterprise development, implementation and support organization that is a combination of internal employees and multiple partnerships with global systems vendors. The support team is distributed across multiple geographic locations including North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia/Pacific, and South America. As the Senior Manager of Global Applications, this position will be the cornerstone ensuring that our entire enterprise application computing environment runs smoothly, efficiently and economically across the globe.
- Develop and manage enterprise application "platform teams" and strategies to enable continued global growth, aligning with Driscoll’s strategic plan
- Execute and provide day-to-day management of implementation projects and maintenance on existing systems
- Maintain knowledge on product direction and future offerings of enterprise application vendors
- Coordinate enterprise application support for business objectives. Validate the capabilities of existing software with the business facing teams.
- Partner with the PMO team, participate in project request assessments to maintain enterprise applications alignment. Provide estimates (cost, duration) for enterprise application projects.
- Provide project Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates and timing to the business facing teams.
- Maintain enterprise applications by: Understanding upkeep/enhancement requirements (including patches and upgrades) and designing changes to the existing solution
- Ensure SLAs are defined from the business facing groups and adhered to by each platform team.
- Participate in a committee to establish IT standards, approve deviations and/or new requests. Coordinates with Architecture group to research new technology and takes position on where they are most appropriate for Driscoll's IT environment.
- Define/Develop the Driscoll's Service Delivery Model for enterprise applications.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, or equivalent; advanced degree desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of hands on experience in Applications development experience required
- Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience with 2 of those gained managing other managers
- Global leadership and multi-instance ERP implementation experience; Implementing world-class processes and systems that significantly improve business operations both locally and on a global scale.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience implementing middleware technologies like Mulesoft or Oracle fusion or Microsoft Biztalk.
- Understanding of Full stack and mobile development technologies.
- Superior at building collaboration and teamwork across the local and global organizations
- Large, global company experience ideally with a multi-channel, diversified consumer company would assist the successful candidate in gaining credibility with the business.
- Experience in a consumer products or industrial company setting. Operational experience supporting a multi-channel, complex supply chain environment would be additive.
- Expertise and previous experience in leveraging outside partners is also required as the successful candidate will work closely with outsourced partners supporting the company's development, maintenance, and infrastructure efforts.
- Recognized expertise in one or more business areas and applications; financial metric driven company is preferred
- Strong cross functional business process background
- Demonstrated ability to translate/communicate complex concepts to peers and business partners
- Proficient in all phases of project delivery lifecycles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical project management and/or leadership skills including the ability to plan, organize, and control activities
- Experience working in an offshore/onshore collaborative environment
- Experience training and mentoring others
- Travel will be required (up to 30% domestic and international)
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.