Senior EDI Developer
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: IT
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001451
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityDriscoll’s is looking for a Sr. EDI Developer with a real passion for innovation and a strong sense of product ownership who has deep expertise in leading technical teams on projects. This senior-level position will assist in various software development functions relating to the area of full lifecycle and large-scale Enterprise applications, and API-based solution development. This role will be responsible for developing global-scale solutions utilizing the latest technologies in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Architect, build and deliver products that delight customers with scalable and maintainable code under the hood
- Analyze, design, develop, test, troubleshoot, optimize, enhance and maintain EDI applications in various formats that include standard formats and other regulatory formats using EDI mapping tools
- Create and maintain interfaces between applications systems and EDI transactions
- Apply in-depth knowledge of systems and business to the development of technical design for large complex processes and projects
- Evaluate requests for new and modifications to applications/programs/processes/maps
- Maintain detail documentation and process flow of all EDI processes
- Participate in project meetings, providing input to project plans and providing status updates
- At the request of end users or management, research questions involving EDI applications and how the data is organized and populated
- Follow existing source code management and version control processes for all coding efforts
- Ensure consistent process and provide technical guidance during business requirements and specifications development phases
- Should be comfortable with direct communication with all levels of technical and business resources
- Responsible for ensuring quality through design reviews, code reviews and development of standards
- Serve as a mentor to team members by demonstrating alternate techniques, reviewing code, and strengthening skills
- Must be able to interact well with multiple priorities in an extremely dynamic environment, initiating necessary tasks and ensuring complete follow up
- Researches and recommends appropriate application development best practices, and tools
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products and Provide development support and assistance for escalations and issues
- Strong Experience in integration of multiple systems
- All other responsibilities as assigned
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- B.S. or above degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 6 - 8 years hands-on within the B2B Industry (B2B knowledge, including key terminology and general knowledge of EDI Standards.) and expert level experience using EDI X12 standards
- Implementation background with emphasis on SOA, distributed and event-driven computing
- Extensive hands-on experience with message-oriented Middleware, C#, n-Tier architecture, XML/JSON-based web services and other relevant technologies (i.e., XML, JSON).
- Experience in integrating with integration software such as MuleSoft, AWS API Management, .NET WebAPI or equivalent middleware solutions
- Experience in the designing, deploying, monitoring, configuring and troubleshooting of enterprise solutions
- Strong knowledge of relational database concepts, SQL queries, NoSQL
- Proven track record of using design patterns and best practices to serve business needs in an efficient manner so as to increase IT bandwidth for new functionality
- Analysis and design skills of varied complexities
- Familiarity with iterative development life cycle and methodology
- Must have strong functional spec and technical documentation skills
- Build secure web applications with user authentication and role-based access control.
- Strong focus on testing during development and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with JIRA, Rally, or some comparable tool
- Focus on customer experience and build product features that delight users
- Passionate about exploring new technologies
- Knowledge of application server configurations, memory/connection management
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make sound technical decisions
- Excellent communication skills with all levels. Proven ability to lead and communicate orally, in written documents, and in formal presentations is required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.