- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Supply Chain
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001436
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Transportation Analyst is responsible for coordinating and facilitating transportation scheduling, order fulfillment, support of the department and monitoring of specific loads scheduled by the department. The Transportation Analyst is also able to execute complex load planning, rate management, and transportation systems integration and expansion, exhibits Driscoll’s values and is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of colleagues, customers and growers.
- Daily vendor management of both brokers and asset base carriers throughout the continental US.
- Communicate extensively and work collaboratively with the Sales Department, Product Planning Department, Distribution Centers, Third-Party facilities, Customers, and Carriers to facilitate the following:
- Manage Track & Trace reporting and provide results to Driscoll’s, Customers, and Carriers Processes delivery invoices and perform month end reporting as required Support the transportation needs of the growers from all growing areas as required Partner with the Sales, Product Planning, Materials, Growers, and the Nursery Maintain Customer Champion Role.
- Work with the customers buyer and receiving facilities to ensure timely communication on OTP & OTD Create RFQ for seasonal rate guide, identify current and future lanes, & project volumes.
- Work with all lanes & key customers to obtain data for production forecasts and to project future volumes.
- Negotiate rates and services with vendor(s) and will make vendor recommendation to management team based on data collected & analyzed.
- Award capacity in RFP process where equipment will yield the best service & cost advantage to Driscoll’s.
- Make recommendations to management team on rate adjustments. Qualify Carriers based on PU-Del performance, cold chain management and cost.
- Interview potential carriers directly to understand carrier equipment, age of fleet, etc. and will determine how carrier “fit” based on network need, capacity, etc.
- Build score cards to summarize all information & will update and analyze as needed.
- Manage order fulfillment, performance and transfer of fruit through 3PL facilities (hub & spoke distribution modeling). Determine complex Load optimization and LTL programs considering delivery location, delivery date and order size.
- Consider and analyze customer inventory, cold chain demands, customer timelines, etc.
- Manage high level programs such as RFP, System Integration, and Process Scripts for ERP or like platforms.
- Assists with developing system processes for EDI/Project Monarch; creates Scrip testing and recommendations for continuous improvement. Carrier management: Including dashboard performance, rate's and load capacity.
- Analyzes key data (OTP, OTD, acceptance & data compliance) for cold chain compliance. Manage Locus Traxx Program.
- Possess proficiency in understanding and managing transportation cold chain fundamentals (SOPs, temperature devices, and associated technology).
- Develop platform, analyzes data & makes corrective action recommendations.
- Manage Claims process.
- Ensure timely hand off claim packets, claim resolution and payment. Manage other programs such Intermodal and Direct Deliveries. Interface with Logistics leadership to define targets. Work with Sales, SCP to achieve goals. Work with Carriers to secure capacity and rates.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics or relevant years of experience preferred.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively at multiple levels both inside and outside of the organization.
- Must be dedicated to meeting the expectations and needs of both internal and external customers.
- Possess a thorough understanding of transportation finance, operations, internal systems and network functions.
- Must have the ability to lead cross functional efforts with Carriers, Network Partners & 3PL’s.
- Must be able to work with vendors from other industries (Materials, Cold chain, Intermodal and 3PL's).
- Must possess leadership skills in support of departmental platform development and expansion.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced and collaborative environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to build constructive and effective relationship.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively and quickly.
- Must have basic math and data entry skills and Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must have experience in the use of Transportation Management Systems (TMS), Warehouse Management Systems and EDI.
- Must be flexible and dependable with work schedule, including on-call shifts (nights and weekends), holidays, overtime, and occasional domestic-international travel.
- Must be able to maintain a valid CA Driver’s License with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage.
- Must be able to work with vendors from other industries (Materials, Cold chain, Intermodal and 3Pl's).
- Proficient in developing various financial analyses by region, mode, carrier, customer, shipping origin and or destination.
- Complete tasks and projects in an accurate, timely, and efficient manner.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and professional manner in all interactions with fellow employees, Customers, Carriers, Growers, Vendors, and Governmental Agencies.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
- Bilingual speaking/writing in English/Spanish preferred.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Driscoll’s management.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.