Sales Demand Manager
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Sales
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001423
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Sales Demand Manager is a member of the Sales Demand Management Team and works collaboratively with Sales, Product Leadership, Category Development, Marketing, Sales & Operations Planning and Supply Forecasting team members to forecast and manage sales demand to optimize price, customer experience and value creation. The Sales Demand Manager ensures customer demand, customer priority strategies, fruit price optimization and market conditions are accurately represented to support planning processes across multiple Sales channels to achieve strategic and fiscal year price performance targets. This role is accountable for meeting the expectations of the demand planning process which includes: Berry Execution Team (mid-range planning) and Customer Order Fill Team (short term planning and execution). The Sales Demand Manager will develop strategic, long term market development strategies by berry to maximize market potential in support of Driscoll’s mission.
- Defines demand potential at both the customer and consumer level to achieve market share and household penetration goals
- Develops a demand response to meet Strategic Plan supply goals
- Provides guidance to address variance(s) between demand potential and demand response to identify how demand and/or supply must be satisfied
- Support geographic diversity demand and alignment planning to drive economic and enterprise growth
- Develops demand plans to support the Long Range, Annual, Quarterly and Short Range planning processes
- Supports and aligns demand strategies with top line and go to market Sales strategies and ensures strategies are relevant to meet current business needs
- Includes Mexican and Canadian marketplace customers within demand planning processes, strategies and customer knowledge
- Forecasts demand potential to support accurate long and short range demand planning efforts through collaborative, strategic and data driven analyses
- Utilizes industry knowledge to contribute to and expand strategic in-market berry growth, as well as support customer growth plans
- Develops and analyzes market demand for new product innovation concepts
- Represents planned demand as a member of various Customer Account Teams
- Demonstrates a drive to achieve and exceed goals through strategic planning, data driven decision making, thoughtful innovation, cross-functional collaboration, and successful execution
- Creates strategies focused on developing and expanding marketplace demand potential
- Manages supply and demand alignment process to optimize fruit revenue and improve customer service through successful order fill processes
- Partners with Sales and Sales Leadership on a daily basis to collaborate on key demand management processes, strategize on sales opportunities and seasonal selling requirements, and share market updates
- Develops and coordinates programs and processes for industry leading Customer Service and order fill to increase Customer satisfaction, measured with a Trade survey annually and other measures to be developed
- Key contributor to weekly pre-sell target decisions
- Determine quarterly and short-range channel allocations based on Annual Demand Plan allocations and current market conditions
- Manage forecasted supply volume to support Sales requested ad/promo strategy to achieve Berry Execution Core Team strategy
- Aligns with Sales, Marketing and Category Development team members to drive and accomplish successful execution of the demand plan vs. creation of the plan
Analytics and Reporting
- Measures and reports on key performance metrics
- Responsible for effective communication of metrics and trends identified to solve for gaps or leverage sales and price optimization opportunities
- Analyzes commodity, SKU and customer performance and makes recommendations for planning and execution improvements to optimize value of fruit to meet or exceed Berry Execution Core Team or Berry Leadership Team goals
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication with Product Leadership, Sales & Operations Planning, Category Development, Marketing, Supply Forecasting, Sales and all other departments for greater efficiencies and achievement of Sales, Berry Execution Core Team and Berry Leadership Team objectives
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of produce and/or berry industry experience
- 4+ years Sales, Marketing, Category Development and/or Supply Chain experience required
- 2+ years Demand Forecasting experience preferred
- Responsible for the management and supervision of Sales Demand Management Demand Planner(s)
- Proven experience leading process improvement projects
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and collaboration, and the ability to maintain strong working relationships as both an individual contributor and team member
- Ability to manage up, down, and across, to influence others, resolve conflict, recognize cultural differences and adopt alternative methods
- Strong analytical skills with experience in utilizing information and communication technologies, along with key sales analysis
- Strategic long-range, mid-range and short-range thinking as well as the ability to multitask with a sense of urgency in a quick cycle time and fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills in developing, implementing and assessing key metrics
- Domestic and international business travel required, (10-15%)
- A valid California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program also required
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions required
- Must be flexible with work schedule, able to work non-standard business hours
- Advanced knowledge preferred in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Dynamics AX
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.