Organizational Effectiveness Adviser
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Project Management & Analysis
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001397
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThis role is part of a new team responsible for Organizational Effectiveness (Strategic Organization Design, Change Management, Team Effectiveness and Culture Alignment) capability in the Driscoll’s of the Americas (DOTA) Business Unit to include the evaluation, planning and execution of complex, cross-functional projects. As a trusted advisor, this role works in partnership with Business Unit functional work group leaders to ensure organization effectiveness and efficiency. Ensures consistency of project objectives with long-term Driscoll’s and DOTA strategies.
- Provides consultation on DOTA Organizational Effectiveness (OE) concerns
- Helps diagnose and address organization design issues
- Provides practical advice to business leaders and HR coaches
- Applies organization design, team effectiveness, change management and process improvement methodology where appropriate to projects and facilitated workshops.
- Partners with Global Organizational Effectiveness Lead as needed to address complex issues, as appropriate
- Leads efforts to develop DOTA’s OE capability in senior leadership, first-line managers, HR and other key functions
- Leads select prioritized, cross-functional OE projects through implementation
- Resolves and/or escalates issues as needed to ensure project milestones are achieved
- Coordinates the involvement of external resources as needed to support efforts
- Motivates team members to work independently and as a team toward the project outcomes
- Facilitates governance around ongoing management of the DOTA Organization Design Blueprint
- Maintains standard process for configuration management, including criteria for org design changes requiring leadership approval
- Runs periodic audits of organization design documentation to ensure alignment with the intended organization design
- Reports key organization design metrics to the leadership team
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is required, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-8+ years of relevant project management experience required including at least 3+ years of managing a team of business professionals
- Demonstrated experience and coursework with Strategic Organization Design, Change Management, Team Effectiveness and Culture Alignment. Process Improvement (PI) experience and/or coursework desired.
- Demonstrated experience leading change in large, geographically-dispersed matrix organizations
- Demonstrated success with managing and implementing complex business projects with quantifiable results
- Able to effectively balance short term goals and objectives with long term requirements
- Entrepreneurial, with a “startup” mindset to develop a new service area of the business
- Intellectually curious and stays abreast of industry best practices
- Expertise in facilitation; communicates effectively and influences others to achieve collective goals & objectives
- Speaks with candor and understands how to communicate difficult /sensitive information tactfully
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize complex interdependent tasks
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Project, Visio, Word, PowerPoint)
- Some travel may be required (up to 20% domestic and international)
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.