Food Safety Manager, Driscoll's of China
- Location: US - Watsonville, California
- Job Family: Food Safety
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001203
- Experience Years:
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityFood Safety Manager, Driscoll’s of China Location: Yunnan Province, China Open to individuals with current work authorization in China Purpose: To ensure the integrity, safety, and regulatory compliance of Driscoll’s products produced in China through the development and execution of Driscoll’s food safety program and continuing support of growers, production personnel and other stakeholders. Summary: Overall responsibility for the development, management, and execution of the Driscoll’s of China Food Safety Program. The Food Safety Manager will partner with the Driscoll’s Global and Regional Food Safety Teams, Growers, Regional Production Personnel, Cooler and Quality personnel, Sales and Marketing and others to plan, organize, develop, and manage the activities and resources required to deliver on Driscoll’s science based Global Food Safety Program. Provide continuing support and education to all stakeholders impacted by the Driscoll’s Food Safety Program. Responsible for training, evaluation and direction of food safety staff, SOP development, pesticide regulatory compliance and adherence to company policies. This is a full-time, permanent role located in Yunnan Province, Republic of China. Consideration will be given to qualified individuals with current work authorization in China.
- Continuous development and improvement of the Driscoll’s Food Safety program.
- Lead the China Food Safety team and Production Personnel to implement programs and improve efficiencies.
- Perform new site risk assessments of the environmental conditions and water sources for all new growing sites.
- Ensure that all growers are compliant with Driscoll’s Food Safety and Regulatory Compliance program including good agricultural practices and good manufacturing practices.
- Visit all areas of production to evaluate food safety programs, processes, and personnel.
- Develop, maintain and socialize Driscoll’s list of allowed pesticides including proper sourcing, dosage, application methods, and pre-harvest intervals
- Execute and coordinate training programs for staff, growers, cooler personnel and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the Driscoll’s Food Safety Manuals are understood and being followed through training, meetings, internal audits and reporting.
- Develop and manage Driscoll’s regulatory compliance program.
- Remain current with food safety and regulatory compliance developments and best practices.
- Develop and maintain relationships with production department, growers and other stakeholders to improve information flow and create open lines of communication.
- Manage laboratories, sample procurement, lab services, and analytics of lab results while maintaining records of all lab work.
- Establish and maintain new contacts with government, university, regulatory and allied Industries.
- Establish strong lines of communication that keep management well informed of all food safety related issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s proprietary and confidential information and material.
- Follows Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, government agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- *This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Candidates must currently reside in China, or have current work authorization in China.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis on food science, microbiology and/or a related field
- Five years’ food safety experience in agriculture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior people management experience
- Must be a self-starter
- Computer skills
- Knowledge of laws and regulations of agricultural chemicals
- Knowledge of GAPs, GMPs, HACCP, GFSI, GlobalGAP
- Bilingual English/Mandarin skills are required
- Maintains a valid driver’s license
- Requires moderate travel
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.