Nursery Technology Program Manager
- Location: US - Redding Nursery
- Job Family: Nursery
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0001151
- Experience Years: 5-10 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the OpportunityThe Nursery Technology Program Manager, will support Driscoll’s Global Nursery Technology Transfer Center of Expertise in order to provide services to Driscoll’s global plant nurseries. This role will travel extensively providing technical support to Driscoll’s global Nursery network. This role reports directly to the Director of Global Nursery Technology Transfer who is based in The United Kingdom. Consideration for a remote based role will be given to qualified individuals currently residing outside of The United Kingdom. This position requires the ability to support multiple initiatives, help facilitate positive and solution-oriented discussions with key stakeholders, an understanding of agronomic systems, and organizational and compliance requirements across multiple geographies. An understanding of how the work impacts strategy and regional-level programs is important.
- Support the Execution of Global Nursery Technology Transfer Center of Expertise (COE) processes.
- Provide high levels of service to each of Driscoll’s nurseries embedded in each Business Unit.
- Assist in responding to Technology Transfer nursery service requirements.
- Assist in the education and development of Driscoll’s Nursery employees regarding plant propagation techniques and technologies; act as an educator and conduit for the development and deployment of existing and emerging plant propagation methodology.
- Support a global nursery cross training program allowing the deployment of employees to areas globally where they will be immersed and trained in plant propagation techniques.
- Assist in the execution of project based agreements with each Business Unit clearly reporting project outcomes and KPIs to the COE Lead.
- Partner with Nursery Applied Research and Global Strategy and Adoption to be tuned-in to new and emerging plant propagation technologies; explores new and better ways to propagate plants both internally and externally.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Follows company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensures the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials.
*This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Agriculture Science, Horticulture, or related field required.
- 3 years of industry experience in production of fruit crops, greenhouse production or growing operations.
- Experience managing greenhouses, nursery operations or as a manager or assistant manager in a production environment is highly desired.
- Experience supporting leadership and management of multifaceted plant/fruit production is preferred.
- Ability to clearly communicate in English is required; excellent communicator.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish would be highly desired.
- Strong organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work with key internal stakeholders, and support multiple projects across the enterprise.
- Ability to support the development of processes, support multiple projects, and measure results.
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative way.
- Courageous, creative and conceptual thinker with practical planning skills.
- Administrative and analytical skills.
- Ability to turn plans into reality.
- Proven problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to be decisive with an ability to recognize and act on good ideas.
- Extensive travel will be required (up to 65% internationally).
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.