Blueberry Production Manager
- Location: US - Oxnard DC
- Job Family: Operations
- Time Type: Full time
- Job Requisition ID: R0000739
- Experience Years: 3-5 Years of Experience
- Employee Type: Regular
About the Opportunity
Responsible for directing and coordinating district resources to execute on the strategic plan initiatives for blueberries for the Oxnard District. This position will work closely with the Growers, District Production Management, National Production Management, Quality Assurance, Applied Research, Breeding, Distribution, Water Resources and Global teams to deliver the plan. Provide the leadership necessary to execute projects in coordination with Production Management, Water Resources and Applied Research staff and strengthen employee and Grower relationships. Works with growers and the Driscoll’s team to enhance berry production systems in the Oxnard District. Tactical focus on Grower communication and innovation, new variety introduction, crop forecasting, product quality, and research extension. The Crop Manager must instill and exemplify company values, and assist the District Manager in developing all employees within their functional areas of responsibility. Plan, organize, develop, and manage all Field and Grower communication activities within the District.
- Collaborate and support the development and execution of the Oxnard District components of the Driscoll’s Blueberry Strategic Supply and Business Plans. Including recruitment, sourcing, and retention of Growers, understanding of deal drivers as well as the development and coordination of Grower communications in the district
- Manage the development and execution of all Oxnard District Blueberry plant orders, grower contracts, renewals and mapping activities corresponding to those contracts.
- Lead the creation and execution of the Blueberry functional work group plan. Designs and develops short and long-range projects to fulfill the goals and objectives of the plan
- Support and manage development and necessary adjustment of near-term, 1-week and 3-week Oxnard District Blueberry supply forecast in order to maximize accuracy and reliability
- Monitor, evaluate and document performance (within Production Guides) and farming techniques of new cultivars and advance selections (On Farm Trial) to effectively deploy new genetics within the district aligned with Local Commercialization Team.
- Document, distribute and implement information compiled on Best Management Practices and other relevant extension documentation within the grower base for its adoption.
- Troubleshoot emerging agronomic problems, leveraging support from Agronomy team.
- Leads by example and places a high priority on representing Driscoll’s in a positive and unified manner.
- Ensures effective collaboration and communication with our Growers, Regional team, Production Group, Research, Sales and Marketing, Supply and Operations, and Services groups, and all internal departments for greater efficiencies and attainment of Driscoll’s strategic plan for the district.
- Develops strong community connections.
- Follow Company policies and practices while representing Driscoll’s in an ethical and business-like manner in all interactions with employees, governmental agencies, growers, customers, etc.
- Ensure the security of Driscoll’s confidential and proprietary information and materials
- Other duties as assigned by District Manager
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job's responsibilities. At Driscoll’s, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business or related field required.
- Two or more years of experience in agriculture production management, or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of progressively responsible management experience
- Specific experience in Blueberry production or advanced greenhouse/protected production systems desired
- Technical crop management knowledge and experience required
- Strong business knowledge of perishable commodities, production, and grower relations
- Team player with the ability to work in an environment in which processes and systems are being developed.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop, and empower employees to achieve their personal potential in addition to corporate objectives.
- Excellent skills in communication, motivation, innovation, adaptability and interpersonal relationships
- Travel will be required (up to 20% domestic and international)
- California driver’s license and the ability to be covered under company-sponsored vehicle insurance program are also required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions are also required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency required
Driscoll's is the global market leader for fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. With more than 100 years of farming heritage and hundreds of independent growers around the world, Driscoll's is passionate about growing fresh, beautiful and delicious berries. Our values of humility, passion and trustworthiness have guided our mission to delight consumers around the world.
Driscoll's exclusive patented berry varieties are developed through years of research using only natural breeding methods – meaning, no GMOs. From farm-to-table, we focus on delivering a high quality, premium berry experience with our many supply chain partners.
Driscoll's is the trusted brand for Only the Finest Berries™.
Driscoll's es el proveedor líder en la comercialización de Fresas, Frambuesas, Zarzamoras y Arándanos Azules en el mundo. Con más de 100 años de herencia en agricultura y cientos de productores independiente alrededor del mundo, Driscoll's es una compañía apasionada por cultivar Berries frescas, hermosas y deliciosas. Nuestros valores de humildad, pasión y confianza han guiado nuestra misión de deleitar a los consumidores en el mundo.
Las variedades exclusivas de Driscoll's han sido desarrolladas a través de años de investigación usando sólo métodos de mejoramiento natural. De la granja a la mesa, nos enfocamos en ofrecer una experiencia de alta calidad con apoyo de nuestros socios de la cadena de suministro.
Driscoll's es la marca de confianza de sólo las mejores Berries.