Blueberry-Strawberry Pancake Skewers
Turn breakfast into some delicious dipping with these pancake skewer stacks. Chocolate silver dollar pancakes are stacked with slices of strawberries and bananas. Serve with maple syrup for dipping or drizzling.
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 package (16 ounces) Driscoll's Strawberries
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups) Driscoll's Blueberries
- Maple Syrup for dipping
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture just until combined.
Lightly grease a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Pour batter onto griddle by the teaspoon. Cook about 2 minutes, or until edges are dry. Flip pancakes and cook about 1 minute longer. Adjust heat as needed to prevent burning. Repeat with remaining batter.
Cut each strawberry into 3 pieces (2 slices and the end opposite the stem left whole). Stack one pancake topped with strawberry slice, banana, second pancake, strawberry slice, banana then third pancake. Place skewer through blueberry and down into pancake stack. Repeat with remaining ingredients (each serving is 3 skewered pancake stacks). Serve with maple syrup for dipping.