All of our organic berries are USDA 100% certified organic.
Pancake Berry Tacos
Pancake Berry Tacos
Katie Workman, author of The Mom 100 Cookbook, developed these kid approved breakfast tacos using a combination of thin pancakes instead of tortillas and juicy berries, pineapple and shredded coconut for filling. Make a double batch of the pancakes and freeze for a future use, Your kids will love them!
- 1 1/2 cup assorted Driscoll's Berries, such as blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup drained chopped pineapple in juice
- 4 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt (preferably Greek yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut, optional
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine the mixed berries and the chopped pineapple in a small bowl. Set aside.
Combine egg, milk, and butter in a small bowl. Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Pour the liquid mixture in with the dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Lightly oil the skillet and pour 1/3 cup batter onto the hot surface, tilting the pan so the batter spreads to make thin pancakes about 5 inches across (you will need to do this in batches). Cook about 2 minutes on each side or, until golden and cooked through. Continue making pancakes until all of the batter is used up, four pancakes in all.
Place one pancake on each plate, and place a few heaping tablespoons of the berry mixture on one half of the pancake. Dollop a tablespoon of yogurt on top of the berry mixture, fold the other half over to resemble a taco, and sprinkle with the coconut if desired.
Tip: To freeze extra pancakes, stack them on top of each other with a piece of waxed or parchment paper in between each pancake. Wrap the stack well with plastic wrap and slide the whole thing into a zipper top freezer-safe bag. Seal tightly and freeze up to 4 months.
Amount Per Serving