Lemon Ricotta Blueberry Pancakes
Sweet enough to eat without maple syrup and fluffy enough to melt in your mouth, these blueberry pancakes are a real treat. Low-fat ricotta cheese and beaten egg whites lighten the batter. Freshly grated lemon zest gives a hint of flavor. Eat as is or dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Driscoll's Blueberries plus more for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Set aside. In a separate large bowl, whisk together ricotta, egg yolks, milk, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture just until combined.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold beaten egg whites into pancake mixture just until blended.
- Lightly grease a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat. Pour heaping 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and spread to make about 4-inch pancake. Drop about 10 blueberries onto each pancake. Cook 3 minutes, or until edges are dry and bottom is golden. Flip pancake and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until lightly golden on both sides. Adjust heat as needed to prevent burning. Place pancakes on a heatproof platter and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter and blueberries. Garnish with additional blueberries if desired.
This was very easy to make. I didn't change the recipe. It is so good.
The recipe came out great. They were light and easy to eat. I loaded mine up with the biggest blueberries and cooked them a bit longer, so the blueberries were literally bursting.
This is by far the best recipe for blueberry pancakes i have ever made, and i've made my share of pancakes. They are so light and fluffy. I made mine with whole milk ricotta and whole milk as we don't have any of that fat free/low cal stuff in our pantry/fridge. They came out amazing.
Fluffy pillows of ricotta cheese mixed with the aroma of lemons; need I say more?