Spicy Summer Fruit Salad
The addition of jalapeño pepper and cool mint turn these berries and stone fruit into a tangy-sweet summer fruit salad. Let the salad stand for about 30 minutes before serving to mellow and blend the flavors.
- 2 packages (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cup each) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 1 package (16 ounces or 3 cups) Driscoll's Strawberries, sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup) Driscoll's Blackberries
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 2 medium plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cups seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Combine blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, plums, jalapeño pepper and sugar in a large bowl; mix gently.
- Stir together jam, lime juice and mint in a small bowl until smooth. Pour over berry mixture and toss gently to combine. Let stand at room temperature 20-30 minutes before serving.
- If making ahead, do not add the jam mixture until 30 minutes before serving.