All of our organic berries are USDA 100% certified organic.
Grilled Berry Pizza
Grilled Berry Pizza
Grilling has become the new way to serve everyone's favorite, pizza. This version with sweet blackberries, tart goat cheese, and zesty mint can be served either as an appetizer or main course. Use our recipe for quick pizza dough or buy from your local pizzeria or grocery store.
- Quick Pizza Dough or 16 ounces store-bought pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dough
- 4 ounces low-fat goat or feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups assorted Driscoll's berries (such as blueberries and blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or basil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar, preferably aged, for serving
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in an outdoor grill. For a gas grill, preheat on High, then adjust to Medium-High (about 450°F). For a charcoal grill, let coals burn for about 15 minutes after white ashes form on surface, and you can hold your hand just above cooking grate for about 3 seconds.
- Lightly flour large rimless cookie sheet or upturned baking sheet. Place dough on sheet and pat and stretch into 12-inch diameter round. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes. Shake sheet to be sure dough is not sticking and slides easily--add additional flour under dough if needed.
- Coat grill grate lightly with oil. Slide dough off sheet onto grill. Cover and grill until underside of dough is golden brown and toasted, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn dough and use pastry brush (preferably long-handled) to brush off excess flour. Scatter cheese, then berries, over dough. Cover and grill until other side is toasted and dough is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer to serving platter.
- Gently press berries into cheese to help them adhere. Sprinkle pizza with mint and grind pepper on top. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve hot, with balsamic vinegar passed on the side to add to taste.
Quick Pizza Crust
- Combine 1 ¾ cups bread flour, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 1 ½ teaspoons instant (bread machine) yeast, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in food processor fitted with metal chopping blade. With machine running, enough hot tap water (about 2/3 cup) to form ball of dough. Process to knead for 45 seconds. Transfer dough to oiled bowl, turn to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Let stand in warm place until doubled in volume, about 45 minutes.
Amount Per Serving