Blackberry Prosciutto Appetizer
Deliver a mouthwatering blackberry appetizer with this rich combination of textures and flavors. Salty bold flavored prosciutto pairs well with fruit or cheese in small appetizer servings. Toast baguette and make blackberry mixture ahead if you like.
- 1 loaf French baguette (12 ounces)
- 3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages Driscoll's Blackberries (6 ounces each)
- 8 ounces chevre (goat) cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- Preheat broiler. Slice baguette into 16 diagonal slices. Place bread on broiler pan and broil 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once; set aside.
Bring balsamic vinegar and sugar to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil 10 minutes or until reduced to ½ cup. Remove from heat and stir in blackberries. Cool completely.
Combine chevre, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper and milk in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Cut prosciutto slices crosswise into 3 pieces.
To assemble, brush balsamic reduction on each slice of baguette and spread with about 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture. Top with 1 piece prosciutto and 1 blackberry from the balsamic reduction. Repeat with remaining ingredients.