Shrimp and Avocado Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Description: Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry vinaigrette is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry vinaigrette is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
- 1/2 pound cooked whole shrimp
- 1/4 cups diced mango
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuce or spring mix
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
Blend 1/3 cup raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.Divide lettuce onto 4 plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce. Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.
I made this salad many times over the summer and now I'm thinking about having it for Thanksgiving too. With or without the shrimp, it's absolutely divine.