Caribbean Raspberry Avocado Salad
Fresh raspberries brighten this salad with tropical flavors and color. The raspberry dressing is versatile enough for fish, chicken or mixed greens. Try this salad with a glass of your favorite chilled white wine.
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/3 cup) Driscoll's Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 pounds cooked whole shrimp
- 1/4 cups diced mango
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced red onion
- 4 cups mixed baby lettuce or spring mix
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted and sliced
- Blend 1/3 cup raspberries, vinegar, honey and Dijon mustard in a blender or food processor until smooth. Drizzle in the oil while blending. Add 1 or 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly, if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine shrimp, mango, celery, and onion in a medium bowl. Gently stir in remaining raspberries.
- Divide lettuce onto 4 plates and arrange avocado slices on top of lettuce. Top with shrimp raspberry mixture and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve with any remaining dressing on the side.