Green Beans and Raspberry Hazelnut Toss
A raspberry and hazelnut theme adds texture and color to this side dish (perfect for the holidays). To keep the beans bright green color, rinse in cold water after cooking briefly in boiling water.
- 1 pound haricot vert (thin green beans), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cups hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 package (6 ounce or 1 1/3 cup) Driscoll's Raspberries
- Cook haricot vert in 2 quarts salted boiling water for 4 minutes; drain and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add hazelnuts and cook 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Add remaining butter, olive oil and garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Stir in reserved hazelnuts, Herbs de Provence, salt and pepper; cook 30 seconds. Add green beans and cook 2 minutes. Stir in raspberries until evenly coated.
Lighten Up Tip
- Use 2 tablespoons of olive oil instead of the 2 tablespoons of butter and the additional tablespoon of olive oil.