Blueberry Turkey Burgers with Lemon-Basil Mayonnaise
These low fat burgers have a surprise ingredient: blueberries. Not only do the berries keep the burger moist and flavorful, this bold combination turns ordinary burgers into a healthy meal. Tangy lemon-basil mayonnaise ties the ingredients together.
- 1/4 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 package (6 ounces or 1 1/4 cups) Driscoll's Blueberries, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 pound ground turkey (7% fat)
- 3 tablespoons plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 4 light 100 calorie multi-grain English muffins, toasted
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Combine mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest and 1/2 package blueberries in a small bowl; mix well and reserve.
Combine remaining blueberries, garlic, lemon juice and Dijon mustard in a bowl; mash well with a fork. Add ground turkey, bread crumbs, salt and pepper; mix until well combined. Divide into 4 portions and form into 3 1/2-inch diameter patties.
Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 175°F. To serve, place 1 tomato slice, 1 lettuce leaf and a turkey burger on bottom half of each English muffin. Spread cut side of muffin tops with basil mayonnaise and place on burgers. Serve immediately.
Great burger. Simple ingredients. Fresh Flavor. Great Gourmet Summers Even Burger!
I made these last night for my wife and I and they turned out AMAZING! I didn't change a thing except for putting in half the amount of dried basil instead of fresh. The mayo itself was absolutely delicious and I'm sure I'll make it again for other dishes. The burgers were deliciously juicy and the blueberries in both the burger and mayo added a little something special to these already yummy burgers!