Cod (or Tilapia) with Warm Blueberry Mango Salsa
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:10-14 minutes
Make the blueberry salsa just before serving to retain fresh color, texture and flavor. Other mild white fish such as snapper or tilapia can be substituted for the cod.
- 4 cod fillets, (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cups finely diced red onion
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 3/4 cups diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño chili, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Drizzle fish with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine cumin, ginger and salt; sprinkle evenly over fish.
- Bake fish 10 to 14 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat remaining teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Stir in blueberries, mango, bell pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes until berries just begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and jalapeño.
- Serve warm salsa over fish.
Serving Size: 6 oz.