Cod (or Tilapia) with Warm Blueberry Mango Salsa
Make the blueberry salsa just before serving to retain fresh color, texture and flavor. Other mild white fish such as snapper or tilapia can be substituted for the cod.
- 4 cod fillets, (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cups finely diced red onion
- 1 package (6 ounces) Driscoll's Blueberries
- 3/4 cups diced fresh mango
- 1/4 cups diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cups chopped cilantro
- 1 small serrano or jalapeño chili, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Drizzle fish with 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Combine cumin, ginger and salt; sprinkle evenly over fish.
- Bake fish 10 to 14 minutes or until cooked through.
- Heat remaining teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add red onion and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- Stir in blueberries, mango, bell pepper and cook 1 to 2 minutes until berries just begin to soften.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and jalapeño.
- Serve warm salsa over fish.
Serving Size: 6 oz.